Monday, April 27, 2015

Wikipedia

   We are working on these new Wikipedia pages and trying to add substance to the already created pages in Wikipedia already.  I am not really a fan of the new idea using Wikipedia, I rather would have done the normal essays.  Although I understand Wikipedia is a great place to learn about whatever subject you are reading about or writing about.  I still am not a fan of the whole Wikipedia process this semester.  Wikipedia in my opinion makes things too complicated, there is too much clutter on the pages and it is hard to find the information I am looking for.  Although I jave no choice but to use Wikipedia this assignment, it is safe to say this would be the first and last time I ever use my Wikipedia login. 

6 comments:

  1. This will be over soon...and we are at least getting our research done for both assignments at the same time. Think..."The glass is half full!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about this assignments but sometimes we need to know new type of things and for me I think experience in new stuff is good to knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second your feelings about Wikipedia being too complicated especially when we are on this side of the fence. Reading what has been written by others to gain a bit more knowledge is one thing but having to add to it using the complicated format is a beast of its own. To me the formulas for the shortcuts are harder than trigonometry! By the time I figure it out the quarter will be over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way, I am not too happy about this article that we have to write in Wikipedia but we have no choice. I do think this will be my last time writing something on Wikipedia as well .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think wikipedia is interesting. I also think it can be good or bad. I know that people can edit it without even registering and I do not think this is good. I think that if people want to edit it, they should probably register.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your discomfort with the process, but that isn't Wikipedia's fault as much as mine. I'm learning how to do this with you.

    ReplyDelete