Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Finding GOD

This week we have to write a blog about something we are reading for class.  The poem I chose to write my Wikipedia on is called To The Desert.  This poem is about a man who is lost in the dark feels like life has nothing to give, then as if everything is finished in his life he finds GOD.  GOD gives him new life, instead of darkness, he begins to see life in the light.  Finding GOD gives him a new meaning to life, the poem uses alot of figurative language with a lot of metaphors.  When you first read thye poem you may think the man is talking about be stranded in the desert; however he is using the desert as a figurative point to describe darkness and emptiness till he finds GOD.

1 comment:

  1. That's interesting. I don't think that I caught that poem when I was looking at our reading list. I'm usually not big on poetry, but I look forward to possibly opening my mind about it with this literature course.

    ReplyDelete