Monday, April 20, 2015

The Weary Blues by Langston Hughes

After researching my first choice of "To The Desert" I found there wasn't enough stuff out there for me to start a Wikipedia page.  Therefore I had to go search again for a story or poem to leave my mark.  I stumbled upon Langston Hughes "The Weary Blues". This was the first poem that linked music to life.  This was also the first poem that began to win Langston Hughes various awards on the Harlem Renaissance.   This poem has a lot of symbolism within its bars, and also describes a great setting with a constant mood to the theme.  Finally I am now read to conquer this assignment Mr. Hammon has assigned us. Another great factor is the Wikipedia page started for this poem is a C grade, meaning there is a lot of room to add stuff and be heard.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see how you do Langston Hughes is a very great poet I really love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! This was my second choice; Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete