Sunday, February 1, 2015

WHO HAS AUTHORITY

This week one of the topics we had a discussion about was WHO HAS AUTHORITY?  First what is authority?  Authority is defined as the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.  With this being the definition, I feel personally like everyone has authority in a certain type of way.  From a child there is always something you control, whether it is controlling when you eat, what you eat, what you wear, all the way through to the board meetings and being the presenter at the meeting, a teacher teaching class.  There is a million ways to show authority.  The way I demonstrate authority on a daily basis is with my kids, but also with my job as a car sales consultant.  Everyday I am taking control of the sales process, directing the customer to the right car, presenting the features and benefits, and presenting the price.  Authority can be gained by anyone, I feel the main ingredient to gaining your authority is confidence.  With the right amount of confidence and no fear you can have authority as much as you want.

1 comment:

  1. Well said Scott, I am a mother of 3 and we as parents need to instill authority to our children. Because if not, they will walk all over us and think its ok not to follow rules when they get older.

    ReplyDelete