Saturday, May 2, 2015

Symbolizes

     An object that symbolizes me everyday would have to be probably one of the most minor things one could think of.  Ever since I was 15 years old growing up in Monroe Heights in Riviera Beach, Florida.  Me and a group of friends all use to have our own little business well leave it at that.  We all also wore rubber bands on our wrist.  The reason the rubber band symbolizes is because a couple of us since then have been murdered, the rubber band is like a reminder of each of us.  One of the friends who is locked up in Prison for life still wears his also.  I'm not saying I condone any of these actions n the past, but no matter what one of us odes we still will be therefor each other.  Therefore the rubber band is not any gang symbol, it is instead a symbol of unity, loyalty to one another. I guess I can just drop a couple names here, Elton Doo-Doo Taylor, Aj Oooh Lawd Jenkins, Tarvaris Arson Jackson, and then there's about 10 others.   The rubber band will always be a symbol, lol and also holds the money if needed, ok thats enough.  

1 comment:

  1. I respect you Scott for keeping your friends or we could just say brothers in minds. Some men think it's week to talk about the game and how you lost friends but I think it just shows how anyone of us can lose someone close to us by the streets or by the system.

    ReplyDelete